Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wedding Weekend

I guess I should have known better than to attempt a blog post every day during the same month as my brother's wedding. The weekend, however, did feature knitwear.


The Preschooler sports his owl vest, knitted by Carla, at the reheasal dinner.











I wore, between the ceremony and reception, a little cropped cardigan so kindly knitted by Lisabe.


And, while the bride and groom haven't seen this yet, I feel safe in showing it here, since I hope they are enjoying sunshine and snorkling right now. This is Ysolda's Hap Blanket, knit in Cascade Eco Wool. Due to some problems with the chart, I eliminated the last color repeat, and changed the purl bind-off to a Russian bind-off (which was a new skill!). I love the finished project and hope that the bride and groom do too!

No comments: