Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Random stuff

If you're as perplexed by some of The Drama on Ravelry lately as I am, check this out for a most excellent laugh.

And now, for a "book" part of this blog, I recently became an "advance reader" (actually, I'm not sure what my title is) for Random House. This means that every so often, I'll get some advance reader copies or uncorrected proofs of upcoming books in the mail, and in return, I am to blog about them. If you click on the Good Reads widget on the side of the blog, you'll see a link to the non-fiction selection, The Billionaire's Vinegar. At some point, I'll post an actual review.

Also at some point, I want to blog about my Noro sock experience thus far. If you've knit with this, I'd love to hear your comments.

Finally, it's primary day in Pennsylvania! Be sure to vote!

3 comments:

LisaBe said...

okay, (a) how do i keep missing this drama? i guess usually i ignore uninteresting-looking threads, and if i can tell what the rest of teh thread will be about after reading the first page of posts, i'll ignore the rest of it. but i do love evil science chick's take on it, and i picked up some new lingo in the comments (and you know how i loves me the lingo). plus, a new desktop photo.

(b) how did you get to be an advance reader? you are so lucky! i love that. jealous!

haven't started anything with my new noro, but i'm psyched to. been working on my chanson capelet and my yummy socks (which truly live up to their name).

and (d) i voted--woot! just taking a break from canvassing, actually, to nurse the throbbing migraine. cross your fingers that i can make it back out again :(

Unknown said...

I love the noro sock yarn, but I love garish stuff. It's not the most joyful to work with, but it's certainly colorful and it does soften up with washing.

evilsciencechick said...

heeee! glad you liked it ;)