Thuja-eque Socks, in KnitPicks Risata.
- Start Date: May 2008
- Reason project was cast aside in disdain: Let's face it, the pattern is boring. I started them on KnitPicks Harmony circulars, which I just don't like anymore because they're too slow. They're Man Socks, so the foot is mind-numbingly long.
- Solution: Switch to Addi Circulars to speed up the project, despite risk of changing gauge.
Hedera Socks, in Socks that Rock Mediumweight, Rauen colorway
- Start Date: September 2008
- Reason project was cast aside: Lace pattern in black yarn. Uncharted lace pattern in black yarn (for some reason, I can't do lace without a chart. I just can't make my mind work that way). Thicker mediumweight Socks that Rock on size 1 needles; these socks could walk away on their own.
- Solution: Just get on with it, already.
In other news, I am almost finished with the yoke on my Tappanzee Cardigan, which I hope to wear to Maryland Sheep and Wool this year. I have also applied the "just get on with it" approach to my Baby Moderne blanket, done in Dream in Color Smooshy. I finished two of the larger blocks and started the intarsia -- a completely new technique for me, so I am still Expanding My Comfort Zone. I will finish it. I will.
When I started this "Spring Cleaning" project, I had eleven WIPs on my Ravelry projects page. I now have eight!