Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Creative Time"

A few weeks ago, I had the realization that my so-called "creative" energy was being directed at anything and everything except my own efforts. Wednesday mornings have become the precious time that I have alone in the house -- no work for me, husband at his work, The Preschooler at, well, preschool -- and so that has become my "creative time."

Have I been wildly creative? Well, no, but it's a time I can gather my thoughts and work on something that's just for me. Last week, I was inspired by the 10 Shawls in 2010 group on Ravelry and tagged, um, more than 10 shawls in my queue that I'd like to work on this year. While my choices don't exactly fit the perameter of the Ravelry group, it does give me a focus, and, more importantly, it helps me plan out projects for yarn I already have. Then I gathered up the patterns for those shawls and put them in one binder.

That was last week. This week I
  • Knit one pattern repeat on my Shetland Triangle that I cast on for the Blue Moon Cast-On.
  • Watched Hoarders.
  • Jumped up after Hoarders was over and sorted out a bag of recyclables, lest I be on the show next.
  • Walked to the library and back.
  • Knitted another row on my shawl. 

Perhaps next week will be better.


1 comment:

Yvonne said...

shawl is GORGEOUS!!