Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Being Selfish



This whole Year of Selfish Knitting plus my American Idol knitting has yielded an entire sweater! Just in time for spring! This is the Garter Yoke Cardigan from Vogue's Knit.1 magazine, knit from Berroco Peruvia (ie, my poor abandoned Tilted Duster).



And this is Wrenna, from French Girl Knits, knit in Brown Sheep Burly Spun. This bulky knit was a particularly good project for my magpie (OOH! SHINY!) brain, as I cast on and finished in under a week. I added length to the sleeves and knit at a tighter gauge than the pattern recommended. However, I had my first ever "Oh, you really do mean that I am to wash the swatch?!" moment as the Burly Spun bloomed when I soaked and blocked the sweater. I'm hoping a good reblocking can at least fix the sagging neckline.

2 comments:

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

I love the grey sweater!

Sarah said...

They both look fantastic!