Friday, October 24, 2008

Autumnal

I think I’ve been frogging more than knitting, so I don’t have much to share these days. I had a moment with myself and got real about my knitting basket and the number of WIPs in it. I ripped a few things that I had to admit weren’t going to be finished any time soon, including the lace ribbon scarf I agonized over the yarn choice at the beginning of the summer. Then I re-took my own measurements since my weight has been yo-yoing up and down this year and ripped out all, yes ALL, of my sweaters in progress to be reknit at my current size.

I do have one completed project to share, Jared Flood’s Turn-a-Square hat:

I have matching Turn-A-Square Elizabeth Zimmermann mitered mittens in progress, or at least I did until I realized this morning that I mixed up the order of the decreases.


It’s finally turned crisp and autumnal and I feel like knitting beautiful fall items. On a whim, I whipped out this Halloween-y Mitered Hanging Towel from the new Mason-Dixon book. It’s, uh, supposed to look like candy corn

.

I also have to start a baby gift for a dear friend who is having a girl next month. When I asked her if I could use non-superwash wool, she replied “I’m Polish. We launder well.” That’s music to a knitter’s ears.


This morning, The Toddler looked over at me as I ripped the mittens and said “Mama yarning!” Yarning indeed!

4 comments:

cosymakes said...

i love the towel!
happy autumn :)

LisaBe said...

yarning! loff eet. that towelie is way prettier than a candy corn--love the colors.

Cara said...

zimmerman mitered mittens too? must go look at your rav page for the link...

love the spidey button :) i whipped one of those out too, it was a fun knit :)

Ben and Cori Momma said...

Mama Yarning - too darn cute! Miss you!!